The easiest, most flavorful homemade taco seasoning recipe, that will add a smoky and robust (and a little spicy!) punch to your favorite foods!
There’s quite a few homemade taco seasoning recipes out there.
A quick google search, and you’ll be left with page after page of recipes to choose from to add flavor to your favorite Mexican foods.
So how does one distinguish from all those other recipes?
You take the typical taco seasoning, and you step it up a notch.
So what, you ask, makes this taco seasoning recipe so awesome?
Do you have this smoky, spicy ground pepper on your spice rack? Building a taco seasoning recipe with chipotle chili pepper at its base will leave you with a flavor so deep, robust, and addicting, that you may have Mexican food at every meal, just so you can get more of this spicy chipotle flavor in your mouth!
Use it as you would any other taco seasoning mix…season to taste while cooking ground meat for tacos, while flavoring chicken before it gets tossed onto the grill, sprinkled over portabella mushrooms, onions, and peppers as you’re sautéing them for veggie fajitas…the sky’s the limit!
- 3 Tablespoons Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Optional: place all ingredients in a small food processor, and pulse for about 10-15 seconds.
- Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 4 months.
- Makes about ½ cup.
- Use as you would with any other taco seasoning! Season to taste.
I LOVE making homemade seasonings! Next, try:
*This post contains affiliate links
*I link my posts to these Link Parties