Salty and sweet, crunchy and fudgy; These one-bowl Salted Nutella Pretzel Brownies will make you want to give up on that boxed mix forever!
I’m going to help you kick off an amazing weekend with the perfect, yay-it’s-Saturday, comfort-food brownies!
These Salted Nutella Pretzel Brownies are created by me, but inspired by my little (not-so-little-anymore) 19-year-old brother David. Count back with me two years exactly, and I can tell you right where I was…practically living in the hospital waiting room, watching David fearlessly fight against a wicked cancerous brain tumor. Thank God he’s cancer free today, but I can’t help bringing back all those vivid memories, especially this time of year. So with David on the brain, I fused together some of his favorite flavors to create today’s recipe. My brother’s the kinda guy who will scrape all the frosting off his cupcake and only eat the cake part underneath, the kinda guy who likes his lettuce plain and could probably live happy the rest of his life with just goldfish crackers and plain carrots. But when anyone who knows David, tries to think of his number one can’t-live-without food, we’ll all automatically go straight to the Nutella jar. It’s just who he is! (And really, can anyone blame him?? How can anyone not be in love with the yummy stuff?) He’s also the one who created this addictingly good recipe!
So I created these one-bowl Nutella brownies, not frosted of course, but drizzled with even more Nutella, and stuffed with another favorite: salty, crunchy pretzels. Then, these gooey brownies are topped off with a generous sprinkle of Sea Salt. (Ps–use gluten free pretzels and Better Batter Gluten Free Flour, and you can easily make these gluten free as well!)
They’re salty and sweet, and fudgy and crunchy, all at the same time! They’re begging to be paired with a tall glass of milk or a giant scoop of ice cream! (And don’t worry David, I’m pretty sure you don’t read my blog, but if you are, don’t worry—I did make you a batch of these…they’re in the freezer and I’ll give them to you on Sunday when I see you next!) 😉
I hope you all have a great weekend and that you enjoy these brother-inspired brownies!
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, chopped
- 2 ounces Dark or Semisweet Chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour OR Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Nutella, divided use
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Broken Pretzel Pieces, divided
- Sea Salt
- Prepare a 9x9-inch square baking pan by lining with foil, leaving some overhang on the ends. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, melt chopped Butter and Chocolate; about 30-60 seconds in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add ¾ cup Nutella and Sugar to the bowl of melted chocolate. Using an electric handheld mixer, beat on medium/high speed until well combined. Add Eggs and Vanilla, and continue to beat well until combined, about 1 minute more.
- Using a large spoon, stir in flour and salt. Fold in ¾ cup of the broken Pretzels.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan, and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining pretzel pieces over the top of the brownie batter.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt remaining ¼ cup Nutella for about 30-60 seconds, or until thin and easy to stir. Drizzle Nutella over the brownies (I used a Wilton squeeze bottle). Sprinkle with Sea Salt.
- Bake for about 45-49 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool before cutting (about 1 hour).
- Makes 16-20 brownies.
- Brownies stay fresh in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Brownies freeze well in a freezer ziplock bag for up to 3 months.
More Nutella goodness:
*This post contains affiliate links
*I link my posts to these Link Parties