Super soft pumpkin spice latte cookie bars, stuffed with pumpkin spice latte M&M’s! Fall’s favorite drink, in cookie bar form!
Oh my goodness you guys…
Have you seen these??
My husband Nate and I swung by Target this Monday to grab some random house stuff that we needed, and that’s when I saw them.
Pumpkin Spice Latte M&M’s.
It was one of those moments when life suddenly stopped in its tracks.
I’m pretty sure my husband wanted to hide as I started shoving bags of M&M’s into the basket like a crazy lady…
But a girl’s got to do what she’s got to do!
These M&M’s are a Target-only variety, and they’re only in stores for a very limited time guys, so grab them while you still can!!
All other previous plans for the blog this week went out the window when these little gifts from heaven unexpectedly entered into my life…I just couldn’t help myself!
So in honor of the flavor of the season, I created these Pumpkin Spice Latte M&M Cookie Bars. Y’all these are pumpkin spice latte cookies. With pumpkin spice latte M&M’s in them.
And since they’re cookie bars, they come together in a flash! Ten minutes to whip up the cookie dough (at which point I seriously thought about making another batch, just so I could save this bowl of cookie dough for myself to eat with a spoon…but out of respect for that raw egg, I decided it’d probably be safer to bake it ). Then you’ll spread the dough in the pan, and toss in the oven until they reach soft-baked perfection! Use regular all-purpose flour or Better Batter Gluten Free Flour (find on Amazon or Vitacost), depending on your dietary preferences; either way, these bars will turn out the same!
Mmm…the flavors of pumpkin spice and coffee, all wrapped together in one incredibly soft cookie bar. The cookies that you’ll want in that cookie jar all autumn long!
We’ve got the pumpkin covered….now, if we could just convince the temperature outside that it’s supposed to be fall too…
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour OR Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- ¼ cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee Granules
- ¾ cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups (1 bag) Pumpkin Spice Latte M&M’s, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a square (8x8-inch) baking pan by lining with foil and spraying with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk to combine Flour, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Baking Powder, and Salt. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Immediately (while butter is still hot) stir in Pumpkin Puree and Instant Coffee Granules. Whisk well until coffee is dissolved and mixture is very smooth. Add Dark Brown Sugar and whisk well until no more brown sugar lumps remain. Add in Egg and Vanilla, and whisk very well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, and stir by hand until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in M&M’s, reserving about ¼ cup for topping.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared baking pan. Top with remaining M&M’s.
- Bake for about 26-28 minutes until top is lightly golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour) before cutting into squares.
- Store cookie bars in a tightly sealed container, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.
- Makes 16 squares.
More fall favorites: