All the flavors of pizza packed into one delicious bowl! Oregano Essential Oil is the star of this toasty, healthy, and delicious crockpot soup, that’s just in time for fall!
Pizza = Perfection.
That smell of homemade pizza consuming the entire house can make my head swoon and my tummy growl like almost nothing else can! Nothing, except maybe this soup. Pizza yumaliciousness collides with twisty pasta inside the crockpot, and as the hours tick by, the flavors infuse together, creating the most toasty, delicious, and comforting soup the fall has ever seen!
Even better yet, this recipe features an additional superpowered health boost, thanks to the addition of Oregano Essential Oil! (If you don’t have your Oregano Oil at the house yet, I’ve also included how to use dried oregano in the recipe below, as an option!) Yup, my sister Arianna and I collaborated again this month to bring you another recipe featuring Essential Oils!*** If you missed it, check out our Intro To Essential Oils post, to find out all you need to know to get started using Essential Oils, and here to check out another recipe featuring these amazing health-boosting oils!
Hi! Arianna here! I’m here today to share with you a little more about Oregano Oil, and how it can be used to boost the body’s health, and add amazing flavor to your foods!
Oregano is one of the most powerful and versatile essential oils, and belongs to the botanical family of Labiatae. It contains strong immune-enhancing properties and supports healthy lung fuction in one’s body. It may help with fighting germs and digestive issues, while strengthening the immune system. Oregano may also be used to enhance the flavor of food! People have also had success in removing warts or skin tags using Oregano EO directly on problem area consistently until the wart or skin tag fell off!
Oregano is considered a “hot” oil, so if used topically, it is recommended to dilute this essential oil with a carrier oil such as coconut, olive, or vegetable oil.
Young Living’s Oregano Essential Oil is a MUST is one’s essential oil cabinet! ***
Be sure to check this Introduction to Essential Oils post, to find out how you can purchase Oregano Oil, and so many more amazing oils for you and your family!
It’s Anna again! This Pizza Noodle Soup is a fall staple here at the Bradley house, and I’m gonna bet it will be at your house too, once you’ve tried it! It takes just minutes to throw together, and the crockpot does all the cookin for ya, so you can come home after a busy day, to a healthy and delicious dinner, all ready to eat! Traditional macaroni noodles and gluten free macaroni noodles both work beautifully in this recipe! If you’re looking for some delicious GF macaroni, my absolute favorite are Pastariso All Natural Brown Rice Elbows, which I’ve found both online and at Whole Foods.
- 4 ounces lean raw ground beef
- 2 ounces cooked pepperoni slices, quartered (or up to 4 ounces, if you love pepperoni!)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (any variety works, but fire-roasted diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with Italian herbs are especially delicious!)
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 and ½ cups purified water
- 2 drops Oregano Oil (or 1 Tablespoon dried oregano)
- 8 leaves fresh basil, chopped (or ½ Tablespoon dried basil)
- Optional seasonings: salt, pepper, ground red pepper
- 4 ounces dry macaroni noodles (regular or gluten free both work!)
- Optional toppings: your favorite shredded Italian cheese, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, etc.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef, breaking it apart with a spoon or spatula as it is cooking; drain.
- Combine cooked ground beef, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, minced garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, oregano oil (or dried oregano), basil, and optional seasonings, if desired, in a 5-6 Quart Slow Cooker/Crockpot.
- Cook on Low for 7-9 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, add dry macaroni noodles to crockpot, and stir to combine. Cook on High for 30 minutes, or until noodles are cooked.
- Serve immediately with your favorite optional toppings!
- Makes 4 large main-dish servings
*** Medical Disclaimer:
The information contained on this website is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information represents what I, an Independent Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, have chosen to do to take charge of my own personal health and that of my family. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider.
For other delicious crockpot recipes, try: