Classic, light, and flavorful maple pecan muffins, made with coconut flour!
Some of my very favorite things to bake, are muffins! And even more than baking muffins, I really love eating muffins!
They’re like the perfect breakfast, snack, dessert…you name it!
And today, I’m sharing my very, very favorite muffin recipe to date: these Paleo Maple Pecan Muffins!
They’re so flavorful, thanks to that delicious maple syrup and fall spices; and they’re full of crunchy texture, thanks to the chopped pecans!
My favorite grain-free flour to use in baking, is definitely coconut flour (which can be found at most grocery stores, Amazon, or Vitacost)! It’s what I use in all my paleo baked goods, because used correctly, can create such a moist, light and fluffy texture! I’ve been doing a little more experimenting with the flour lately, and taking tons of notes, so that I can bring you the best fall paleo muffin recipe I possibly can!
This Paleo Maple Pecan Muffin recipe comes together so easily! You use only one bowl (so less dishes—yay!), an electric hand mixer helps to create the perfect batter texture in a flash, and baking time is completed in only 9-11 minutes, which is quicker than so many of the muffin recipes out there! Which, means (!!!) faster to your plate!
They also freeze really well, so they’re perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack on a busy day! Just thaw in the microwave for a few seconds, and you’ve got a delicious muffin to enjoy anytime (sounds so much better than that granola bar, right?)!
- 4 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Cashew or Almond Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans (plus a little more, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a standard-sized muffin pan by greasing or spraying with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric handheld mixer, beat Eggs in HIGH about 2 minutes, until very frothy.
- Add in Maple Syrup, Cashew/Almond Butter, Olive Oil, and Vanilla. Beat on HIGH for 1-2 minutes, until very well mixed.
- Add in Coconut Flour, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt, and beat on LOW for 1 minute, and then on HIGH for 1 minute more.
- Stir in chopped Pecans.
- Divide batter between 10 of the greased muffin cups. Sprinkle a few more chopped pecans over the top of each.
- Bake muffins for 9-11 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in the pan for about 7-8 minutes, before carefully removing from pan (it helps to run a thin knife or toothpick around the edges of each muffin to loosen from pan) to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Makes 10 muffins.
- Store leftover muffins in a tightly sealed container, in the refrigerator, up to 5 days.
- Muffins freeze well in a freezer ziplock bag, up to 3 months.
For more paleo breakfast ideas, check out:
*This post contains affiliate links