Paleo chocolate chip pumpkin mini muffins, made with coconut flour; the perfect two-bite fall treat!
Is it fall yet?
My heart and flavor cravings are in full-out fall mode, but unfortunately the weather hasn’t caught on yet…still 103 degrees yesterday afternoon here in Phoenix.
All the stores are selling cozy sweaters and adorable boots (which I am absolutely in love with!)…but I’m not 100% sure why they’re selling them already, since we’ll all be rocking shorts and tank tops for another couple months probably!
But no matter the weather, we can absolutely still take advantage of the flavors of the season!
On Friday, I came out with my first pumpkin recipe of the season, these delish Pumpkin Spice Latte M&M Cookie Bars; and today, I’ve got another pumpkin recipe to fall in love with:
Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Mini Muffins.
They’re perfectly sized two-bite treats full of falltime deliciousness, made with all paleo-friendly ingredients!
And whether you typically stick to a paleo eating plan or not, whether you’re a kid or just a kid at heart, you’ll be smitten by these tasty tiny muffins! They’re full of pumpkin-y goodness, mini chocolate chips, and made with coconut flour and other quality ingredients.
I absolutely love coconut flour (which you can find at most grocery stores or here on Amazon or Vitacost), because it’s full of fiber and healthy protein, is nut-free (which is fantastic for those who eat paleo and can’t eat nuts!), and it makes baked goods so light, moist, and flavorful! It’s my go-to grain-free flour, and the one I use in all my paleo-friendly baked goods here on Sunny Side Ups.
These Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Mini Muffins will be a hit with the whole family, and since they freeze well, they’re great to bake, save, and enjoy all fall and winter long!
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil (measure in melted state)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 24 cups of a mini muffin pan(s) with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine Coconut Flour, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk Eggs. Add in Pumpkin, Maple Syrup, Melted Coconut Oil, and Vanilla Extract, and whisk very well until combined. A few small lumps may remain, and this is ok.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients, and stir well until combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between 24 mini muffin cups. Muffin cups will be almost completely full of batter, and this is ok—batter will not overflow. Smooth out the top of each muffin with a knife.
- Bake muffins for 12-13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5-7 minutes, before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store muffins in a tightly sealed container, in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days. Muffins may be frozen in a ziplock freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- Makes 24 mini muffins.
Now, try out these other paleo breakfast favorites:
*This post contains affiliate links
*I link my posts to these Link Parties