Creamy, dreamy cheesecake dip infused with Orange Essential Oil! Made in less than 10 minutes, devoured in about the same amount of time!
I am so so excited about today’s post!! If you’ve been following along with me for awhile, you know that about once a month, I collaborate with my sister in law Arianna to bring you a post that’s both informative and delicious, all centered around Essential Oils! Arianna is a Registered Nurse and an Independent Distributer for Young Living, and she brings the expertise and the everyday health benefit information aspect to these posts; I get to take those same oils to create yummy foods! Perfect division of tasks, if you ask me! 😉 If you’d like to find out a little more about how essential oils can be used to boost your body’s health, or how to get started using Young Living Essential Oils for yourself, check out this Introduction to Essential Oils page; to see all the recipes featuring the amazing oils, click here.
Today, we’re talking all about Orange Essential Oil! I’ll be back at the end of the post with this yummy dip recipe I made with the oil, but I’ll let Arianna take over from here!
Hi everyone! Arianna here!
If you’re like me, you LOVE a yummy citrus smell. Having Young Living’s Orange Essential Oil is almost like having a field of orange trees in your house! It really is quite amazing. From using it specifically for a health issue, to just wanting an orange taste in your smoothie, Orange EO has many ways of usage.
Orange essential oil is cold pressed from the rind, and has a rich, fruity scent that lifts the spirit while providing a calming influence on the body, and brings happiness to the mind!
Orange EO is rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene and aids in maintaining normal cellular regeneration. D-limonene is contained in the peels of citrus fruits such as orange, grapefruit, tangerine and lemon.
What Does this Number Mean? ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity. It tells you the antioxidant capacity of a food item. Antioxidants have shown to reduce the risk of age related conditions!
How do I use it?
Use diluted with a carrier oil (coconut, olive, vegetable, etc). Then,
- Apply several drops (2-4) on location.
- Apply to vitaflex points.
- Directly inhale.
- May be used as a dietary supplement.
Putting a drop of Orange EO in my water every morning is 1) super tasty, and 2) uplifting to the morning grogginess!
If you DO decide to use Orange EO on your skin, Orange EO is considered photosensitive, so is the skin is visible to the sun throughout the day, stay away from sun for about 12 hours after application (When I apply Orange, I typically apply it at bedtime).
If you’re interested in what Orange Essential Oil can do for you, check out this other page to get started!
Thanks Arianna! (Anna here with you again!) I don’t know about you, but I am SOLD on the benefits of using this oil…another thing I’m sold on? This Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Dip. Cream cheese and vanilla collided with the irresistible flavor of orange essential oil to create the yummiest dip you’ll ever taste!!
It tastes like heaven with strawberries, bananas, oreos, graham crackers…or just straight from the bowl with a big spoon!! The perfect dip for get-togethers, all those upcoming graduation parties, or just for your own personal happiness. Enjoy!!
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese OR Neufchatel Cheese (2 blocks), softened to room temperature
- ⅔ cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 6 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4-6 drops Orange Essential Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese on Medium/High speed for about 2 minutes, until very smooth and fluffy. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed during this and any of the following steps.
- Add Yogurt, and continue to beat for another 1-2 minutes, until very creamy.
- Add Sugar, Vanilla, Orange Essential Oil, and Salt, and beat for another 1-2 minutes, until very smooth and creamy.
- Makes about 3 cups.
- Serve with assorted fruits, cookies, or pretzels as desired.
- Store leftover dip in a tightly sealed container, in the refrigerator, up to 2-3 days.
More yummy recipes: