It is HOT…106 degrees outside here already in Phoenix today! May 30th and Summer is heeerre!! It is just as hot where you are?? Because, seriously! Even when I go out for a run at 6:30 AM it’s already uber hot out, and that’s really what kills me! I mean, ain’t no one wanna run in weather that’s 90 degrees or above…EVER!! Buuutt I guess on a positive note, at least it’s not too humid here usually in June! I’d rather take on the dry desert than the swampy feeling of humidity (so sorry, people in the South!!).
So, on days like these (and pretty much until the end of October!), it just doesn’t sound good to heat up the oven and the house to bake cookies! Right?? So…perfect solution! These delicious No-Bake Cookies don’t need an oven! PLUS they can be made totally gluten free, dairy-free, or nut-free! These are perfect for adapting to whatever your needs are! Woot! They’re chocolatey, chewy, crunchy, and oh so yummy, can be made in a flash, and you probably already have these ingredients in your kitchen! Don’t wait—try these out ASAP!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) (Or use Dairy-free butter or coconut oil)
- ½ cup milk (any kind-I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups oats (Quick, Old-Fashioned, or Gluten-Free all work!)
- ½ to 1 cup peanuts (Leave out completely, or can substitute another type of chopped nut or sunflower seeds)
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter (or coconut oil), and milk over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips, coconut, quick oats, and peanuts (or your own seeds or nuts), and mix well until chocolate is melted and all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Drop mixture by the spoonful onto prepared baking sheets. (I put 15 on each baking sheet) Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator.
More super-simple no-bake sweets: