Super-simple and extra crunchy quinoa granola, sweetened with honey and packed with healthy ingredients! Breakfast is, definitely, the most important meal of the day! I love everything about starting my morning with a giant and healthy protein smoothie, a soft and moist muffin paired with a steaming mug of coffee, or of course–granola! I’ve got a major love-hate relationship with granola. I LOVE: the taste, the crunch, the way those nutty clusters of oats perk up my fruit and yogurt to make my breakfast smile. I HATE: The cost, and the mile-long ingredient list of words I can’t pronounce. I mean, at the grocery store you’ve basically got 2 options: the inexpensive option that’s got an ingredient list full of 29-letter words that I’m pretty sure are not real foods…OR, you can pay $9 for a tiny 1-cup bag of clusters, that does use real-food ingredients, but it’s gone in less than a day. Sad, right?? Or instead of trying to choose between quantity and quality, we can make our own, high quality, amazing tasting, inexpensive, super simple, crunchy granola clusters, that are even more irresistible and addicting than the kind from the store! Plus, you’ve probably already got most of these ingredients in your pantry at home! My taste buds are literally in love with this granola…it’s extra crunchy and lightly sweetened with honey, plus a total texture paradise with the combo of oats, quinoa, honey-roasted peanuts, almonds, and raisins! I’m obsessed with extra crunchy giant granola clusters, so this recipe, which is packed with them, has got to be my very favorite granola recipe thus far!! Even better, you’ll get a whopping 6+ cups with this yummy recipe, so you’ll feel a lot better about sharing this granola with the whole family, than if you were munching on that teeny-tiny store-bought serving! Enjoy!
- 2 cups Old-Fashioned Oats (to make gluten free - use certified GF oats)
- ¾ cup Uncooked Quinoa, rinsed, drained, and patted of excess moisture
- ¾ cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- ½ cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Raisins, optional
- Prepare 2 large baking sheets by lining with silicone baking mats (or use nonstick baking pans; do not use parchment paper-it will get soggy). Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together Oats, Quinoa, Peanuts, Almonds, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, and Salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together Honey and melted Coconut Oil.
- Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir very well to combine and coat all ingredients with the honey mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the 2 prepared pans, spread evenly, and bake for 45 minutes, stirring/flipping granola every 10-15 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool on the baking sheet, without stirring or touching it, for 20-25 minutes. This helps to make the granola extra crispy and crunchy.
- If desired, add raisins, and carefully break granola apart as you mix them in. Break clusters into your desired size.
- Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes about 6 cups.
Other winning breakfasts:
*This post may contain affiliate links
*I link my posts to These Link Parties