A box mix jump-starts this easy bite-sized cheesecake-swirled brownie bites recipe!
Happy weekend to me…because—brownies!!!
And your weekend can easily be just as awesome, because it’s a cinch to whip up these yummy and adorable Brownie Cheesecake Bites!
You start off with a box mix, so there’s really not a ton of measuring or extra work stirring and melting chocolate over the stove. I used Krusteaz Gluten Free Brownies here (my favorite gluten free brownie box mix), but any brownie mix (Ghirardelli, Betty Crocker…etc.) that yields a square 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch pan will work beautifully!
Now don’t get me wrong, there’s something magical that happens when you make brownies like this and this one from scratch, but today I was a little tight on time, so I grabbed that box out of my pantry instead!
To make the cheesecake filling, you’ll just need 3 simple ingredients: a block of cream cheese, a little sugar, and an egg yolk. I’ve tried a few different ways of layering the brownie batter and cheesecake, but by far the easiest way I found is to scoop the cream cheesy filling into a ziplock sandwich bag, cut off the tiniest corner of the bag, and “pipe” a dollop of filling over each brownie bite. Then I took a toothpick, swirled the filling around for a second, and voila! Done! They’re ready to pop into the oven! And since they’re so small, they finish baking in like 17 minutes…waay faster than the eternity it takes to bake a whole pan of brownies! So now you’ve got all that extra time to watch a rerun of Friends, do Tabata, update the budget, clean off that beautiful marker drawing the kids created all over their bedroom wall….whatever we’ve been putting off!
Seriously, I may never make brownies any other way again! (but don’t quote me on that, ok?)
These Easy Brownie Cheesecake Bites taste like tiny glorious tastes of fudgy chocolate cheesecake heaven…and they’re so adorable! Serve em up at your next get-together, and no one will ever guess they came from a box or that you only spent a few minutes making them…they’ll be too busy licking their fingers clean! 😉
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!
- For Brownies:
- 1 box Brownie Mix (choose one that yields an 8x8 or 9x9-inch pan size)
- All ingredients called for on brownie mix box
- For Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese (or Neufchatel Cheese), softened to room temperature
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare 2 large mini muffin pans by generously spraying with nonstick spray. (*Recipe yields 36 brownie bites; if you do not have enough muffin cups to bake all the batter at once, you may also bake this in batches.*)
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on brownie mix box. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat together Cream Cheese, Egg Yolk, and Sugar on medium/high speed until very creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon Cream Cheese Mixture into a sandwich bag (ziplock), and make a tiny hole by snipping off one bottom corner of the bag with scissors.
- Fill each mini muffin cup half full with brownie batter (about 1 Tablespoon). Squeeze (pipe) about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture over each brownie batter base. Using a toothpick, swirl the cream cheese slightly over the top.
- Bake brownies for about 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Allow brownies to cool in the pan for 5-8 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store brownie bites in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Brownie Bites freeze well in a ziplock freezer bag, in the freezer, for up to 3 months.
- Makes 36 Brownie Cheesecake Bites.
I Love Brownies…
*This post contains affiliate links
*I link my posts to these Link Parties