Two of the very best things in life: dark chocolate and cheesecake. All whipped together into one creamy and delicious dip! Made in less than 10 minutes.
Today is going to be a good day.
Today is one my heart has been aching for, for so long….
Today I get to see a picture of my son for the very first time.
Today I see my little boy. For the first time ever. The little boy living on the other side of the globe who consumes my thoughts and my prayers day after day after day after day.
Today I get to put an actual, real-life, tiny face to that faceless child who has been haunting me in my dreams for the past year.
I’m sure that seeing my precious son will only drive that sharp knife deeper into my heart, and intensify the longing to have him finally home to fill my empty arms.
I literally have thought of nothing else this week since the social worker said it was, at last, time to schedule this appointment. Ha–I’m guessing this weekend won’t be a very productive one either!
We’ve come so close. We’ve worked so many hours. This entire past year has been nothing but working towards this adoption. And all that endurance work is finally starting to mean something. That eternal adoption checklist is almost completely crossed off, the training period is almost complete. The starting gate is just ahead, and boy I cannot wait to run this race.
Today I also promised you a recipe! See, one track mind right now!
This is one heck of a cheesecake dip that you do not want to miss!! With all the graduations happening right now, I knew it was the perfect time for this recipe to come out. What every good open house party needs, is a really good dip. It’s so, so tough to beat a cheesecake dip, especially a dark chocolate cheesecake dip! Between today’s dip, this Cinnamon Chip Cheesecake Dip, and this Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Dip, I’ve gotcha covered in the dessert dip department, so just whip up one of these easy recipes, and you’ll be all ready to invite your friends over to celebrate!
Some people are in the camp that embraces the “the darker, the better” viewpoint when it comes to chocolate. And others like the lighter, milk chocolate variety best. Then there’s some of us who are more in the middle, who don’t necessarily love the bitterness of the deepest dark chocolate, but want something a little more than milk chocolate. Wherever you land on the chocolate spectrum, you can make this dip work for you! Just choose the percentage of chocolate that you like best, and use that in this dip!
Probably my favorite way to eat this dip is to dunk pretzels into it. It really gives you that salty/sweet, crunchy/soft, best-of-both-worlds, all in one bite, kinda feel! Yum! But it’s also so yummy with apples, strawberries, graham crackers, oreos…anything you want!
It’ll take you 10 minutes max to whip up this delicious dip…just try not to taste-test it away before all your guests arrive!
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese, softened to room temperature
- ⅔ cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate, chopped (your preferred % of dark-ness)
- 6 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Salt (or a little more for a salted chocolate taste)
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt Dark Chocolate in the microwave; about 1 minute at 50% power, stirring every 20 seconds to prevent scorching. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, cream the cream cheese until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add Greek Yogurt and beat until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in melted chocolate, Brown Sugar, Vanilla, and Salt. Beat for about 1-2 minutes more, until very smooth, thick, and creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best when eaten the day or day after it is made.
- Serve with assorted fruits, pretzels, graham crackers, etc.
- Makes about 3 cups.
More super fun party food: