Infused with pumpkin pie spice flavor, and toasted to perfection in the crockpot, these nuts are a sweet and salty favorite!
For some reason, I completely forget about my crockpot all summer long, and only ever think to use it during the fall and winter months…haha, oops!
What I do know, is that I dug it out of the very back end of my kitchen cupboard last week, and now I have all these crockpot food ideas floating around in my brain, just waiting to be created for real!
I started kicking off my inspiration list by making these:
But not just any spiced nuts! Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts especially for the cooler fall and winter months!
I’d honestly never made spiced nuts before, much less in the crockpot (it was just kinda a…”so what if I tried this?” type of recipe) , but I’m seriously never turning back, because these are insanely delicious!! And so, incredibly easy to make!
There’s technically no pumpkin at all in this recipe, but I used pumpkin pie spice (one of my favorite spice combos ever!!) to add so much yummy flavor to every bite of these crunchy nuts. It’s almost like the crockpot infuses the warm fall flavors into each nut as they gradually toast away to perfection.
And oh the fragrance of your home as these are toasting away…I’d seriously make this recipe just for that delicious “Thanksgiving morning” scent that travels through the entire house! Words can’t describe the yumminess…. Make these before your next get-together, and your friends may never want to leave!!
I also absolutely love this recipe for how perfect it is for just about any fall and winter occasion! It’s a perfect party treat for guests to enjoy as they’re visiting, fabulous sweet and salty snack to dig in to during football games, and awesome as a gift!
- 1 cup Almonds*
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (measure in liquid state)
- 2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Salt (divided use)
- To prepare, spray a crockpot (6-quart or larger) well with nonstick cooking spray (or line with a crockpot liner).
- Place Almonds, Cashews, Pecans, and Pumpkin Seeds in crockpot.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine Maple Syrup, melted Coconut Oil, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and ½ teaspoon Salt. Pour mixture over mixed nuts, and stir well until everything is coated.
- Keeping the crockpot UNCOVERED (so, so important!), cook on HIGH for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- At the 2-hour mark, turn off crockpot, and transfer nuts to a large bowl. Sprinkle remaining ½ teaspoon Salt over nuts. Allow nuts to cool.
- Serve immediately, or store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator) for up to 2-3 weeks.
- Makes 4 cups.
Love sweet and salty foods? Next, try these:
*This post contains affiliate links