Tart cranberries, fresh lime, and creamy vanilla yogurt all blended together for one healthy and delicious smoothie!
I love love love SMOOTHIES!!
I’ve been known to have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks…basically anytime I can’t think of what to have for a meal, my go-to is always a smoothie! I love that I can throw a bunch of stuff into the blender, press the green start button, and end up with a creamy, high-protein, or fruit & veggie-packed giant glass of heavenly goodness!
Today’s smoothie I’m totally crazy about, because it uses my new favorite health + flavor-boosting friend, Lime Essential Oil! Its uses are limitless…from guacamole, to rice, and now to smoothies! Find out more about how to get started using Essential Oils and where to snag a bottle for yourself here.
If you’d rather not use essential oils, don’t fret! Simply squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the blender instead.
Also, a major difference between this smoothie and my other smoothies, is that I don’t add any protein powder, so you’ll find it’s a little lighter than some of my past recipes (You can absolutely add a scoop of protein powder to your blender along with the other ingredients, if you’d like-totally your choice!). It does use Greek Yogurt for creaminess and added protein, but you can easily substitute Cultured Coconut Milk/Yogurt for a dairy-free/paleo version. Either way, you’ll want to stick your little container of yogurt into the freezer an hour or two before making this recipe; using slightly frozen yogurt (as opposed to refrigerated yogurt) is going to greatly heighten the thickness and creaminess of your smoothie! I’ve made the smoothie using refrigerated yogurt and using slightly frozen yogurt, and I’ve found that the smoothie with the refrigerated yogurt is much runnier than the smoothie with the slightly frozen yogurt; still uber delicious, but just a thinner consistency.
This smoothie will seriously blow your mind…the tartness of the cranberries, the zing from the lime, and the sweet creaminess from the yogurt all fused together (plus a super-fun straw!) makes your mouth do a little happy dance at the first sip!
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- 1 cup Frozen Cranberries
- 1 cup Milk (Cow’s, Coconut, Almond, Soy-anything works here!)*
- 1 container Vanilla Greek Yogurt OR Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk, slightly frozen**
- 1-2 drops Lime Essential Oil, OR juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Liquid Stevia, to taste (or Stevia packets)*
- Pinch Xanthan Gum, optional (for thickness)*
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth. It may be necessary (even 2-3 times, depending on the type of blender you use) to stop the blender, scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula, add additional liquid, stevia, or xanthan gum if needed, and then restart to complete blending.
- Makes 1 large serving
**Freezing your container of yogurt for an hour or two before using it in this recipe will result in a much thicker, creamier smoothie consistency.
More delicious SMOOTHIES:
More Lime Essential Oil:
*This post may contain affiliate links
*I link my posts to These Link Parties