For all coffee lovers: crispy, crunchy, super-simple homemade coconut mocha quinoa granola clusters!
The other day I was walking past a Starbucks and saw a giant sign to come in and get a Mocha Coconut Frappuccino, and it was so tempting!! Even though I didn’t go in to buy one, I’ve been craving that Mocha Coconut flavor combo ever since! It sounded so delicious!! You know me—that coffee/chocolate combo—just can’t beat it!! From cookies to smoothies, it’ll win the gold medal every time in the flavor combination contest! But add in coconut? Ultimate YUM!!
So I took those three flavors, and fused them together to make this delicious homemade granola! After I made this the first time, I seriously could not stop taste-testing the stuff! It’s gotta be my favorite granola recipe ever!!
It’s so easy to make granola at home, and way more cost-effective too! Plus, when you make it at home, you can make any flavor you want, and can use your favorite healthy ingredients!
I wasn’t in the mood for nuts when I created this recipe, but I knew I wanted it still to be extra crispy/crunchy…so I used quinoa instead! Quinoa is such an awesome addition to granola, because it adds so much extra good-for-you protein, and it adds a fabulous crunchy texture that I just love!!
The original version of this granola is not super sweet and salty, because I prefer a less sweet granola taste, but I’ve included instructions in the recipe below if you’d like to sweeten it up a bit more.
I love this mocha coconut flavor just so much; I know this probably won’t be my last recipe creation featuring them, so hopefully you like the combo as much as I do!
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Uncooked Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut, divided use (either sweetened or unsweetened is fine)
- ½ cup Honey (or use ¾ cup Honey for a sweeter granola)
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil (measure in liquid state)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee Granules
- ½ teaspoon Coconut Extract
- ½ teaspoon Salt (or 1 teaspoon for a saltier flavor)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine Honey, melted Coconut Oil Cocoa Powder, Instant Coffee, Coconut Extract, and Salt. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until you can easily stir ingredients together; mix well.
- Add in Oats, Quinoa, and ½ cup shredded Coconut, and stir well until everything is coated with the wet mixture.
- Divide mixture between the pans, and spread into a flat layer.
- Bake for 40-43 minutes, until golden, stirring/flipping halfway through baking time.
- Immediately after removing from oven, sprinkle remaining ½ cup coconut over granola, but do not touch or stir the granola. Allow granola to cool untouched for 15-20 minutes on the pan. This will help the granola crisp up and form clusters. Carefully break granola apart into clusters.
- Once granola has cooled fully, store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes 4-5 cups.
Love granola? Try these other delicious recipes!