Crispy, crunchy granola clusters, packed with coconut and cashews! A super simple recipe, made with healthy ingredients; a delicious breakfast or snack!
Yay for Friday!!
This week has felt really long and exhausting, so I’m very much looking forward to a chance to breathe a little this weekend!
One of my favorite things to make on the weekends is granola! It’s really easy to make at home, and it’s so much cheaper and better for you than the store-bought kind. Plus when you make it at home, you end up with a big batch that stays good for weeks (if it actually lasts that long!!). It is so awesome to sprinkle on top of your yogurt and smoothies for breakfast, or just to throw straight into your mouth! Haha, and more than anything else, that’s how you’ll find me eating this stuff! Whenever I’ve got homemade granola, whether it’s today’s recipe, this quinoa granola, or this carrot cake version; I can somehow always hear it calling to me from the pantry, begging me to reach into the container and stuff a handful into my mouth. Anything other type of food I have in the refrigerator or cupboards is forgotten, and I want to make it my breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, elevensies…you know how it goes. It’s a balanced meal, right?
This coconut cashew granola is especially yummy to me, because it combines three of my favorite things in life: cashews (of course!), coconuts, and oats! It’s not really sweet or high in sugar like a lot of the store-bought granolas you’ll find out there; honey is the only sweetener, and I don’t use very much. Just a half cup of honey, in this entire recipe, which will end up give you a whopping 5-6 cups of granola once baked! I also use unsweetened shredded coconut when I make this, but if you’d like to make the granola just a tiny bit sweeter, just use sweetened coconut instead. Totally up to you! Use gluten free oats in this, if gluten is an issue for you; the recipe will turn out the same whether using traditionally grown oats or gluten free oats. Also, the ingredient list calls for a little Coconut Extract, which I usually buy at Walmart, but I see it at certain grocery stores regularly also. Amazon sells several varieties too, if you can’t seem to locate it at the store. And that’s it! You’ll toss everything together, toss it into the oven, and then just wait for the clusters to form…so you can toss them into your mouth!!
I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend, with time for baking (granola-baking, that is!) Enjoy!
- 2 ½ cups Old Fashioned Oats (Gluten Free, if necessary)
- ⅔ cup Shredded Coconut*, divided use
- ⅔ cup Salted Cashews
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare two large baking sheets by lining with silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir to combine Oats, ⅓ cup Shredded Coconut, Cashews, and Salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine Honey, Coconut Oil, and Coconut Extract. Pour the mixture into bowl of dry ingredients, and stir very well until everything is coated with the honey mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared baking sheets, and spread into a flat layer.
- Bake for 40-42 minutes, until golden brown, stirring halfway through the bake time.
- When done baking, remove pans from oven, and sprinkle remaining ⅓ cup shredded coconut over granola. Allow granola to cool on the pan for about 20 minutes without touching or stirring the granola. This will allow granola to crisp up.
- Break cooled granola apart into clusters and store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
- Makes about 5-6 cups.
I. Love. Cashews.
*This post contains affiliate links
*I link my posts to These Link Parties