Infused with cinnamon and jam-packed with Pumpkin Spice M&M’s! These brownies are the perfect chocolate-lover’s fall dessert!
Brownies are my absolute favoritest favorite food forever and ever amen! And these Cinnamon Brownies take the chocolaty bars up to a whole new level!
Have you snagged a bag (or two or three or four?!?) of Pumpkin Spice M&M’s yet? They’re only here in stores for a few weeks, so GO GO GO and grab them while you can!! And if you have any left over after opening the bag for a taste-test, MAKE THESE BROWNIES!
I wanted to create a brownie recipe that was a little fluffier than my fudge-like Peppermint Mocha Brownies, yet still uber moist and packed with lots of heavenly chocolate richness. The fantastic news is, that they don’t require any stovetop chocolate melting, so whipping up this recipe takes about the same amount of time you might spend on a box mix, but with oh so much more flavor! As always, these yummy brownies can be made with regular, wheat-containing All-Purpose flour, or with Better Batter Gluten Free All Purpose Flour. I can’t guarantee results with any other type of flour–Better Batter is the BEST when it comes to gluten free baking! The teaspoon of cinnamon is just enough to make each bite tingle with spice, and the Pumpkin M&M’s add a perfectly flavorful crunchy add-in to top off the tastebuds! Just…drool-worthy yumminess!
Tomorrow afternoon Nate and I have our very first meeting with our agency to kick-start the intensive Home Study process part of our adoption, and I’m feelin the jitters, to say the least! I’m hoping to help squelch the nerves by repping it out in my Group Power class in the morning and then stuffing my face with a few of these yummy brownies! We’ll see if they last through the weekend!
- ½ cup Flour*
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Butter (1 stick)
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Pumpkin Spice M&M’s, divided use
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil, leaving overhang on each side; spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together Flour, Cinnamon, Baking Powder, and Salt. Set Aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Whisk Cocoa Powder into melted butter until smooth. Add Sugar, and whisk well until fully incorporated (mixture will be gritty in texture). Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Finally, whisk in Vanilla Extract.
- Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in ½ cup M&M’s.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared baking pan, and top with remaining ½ cup M&M’s.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Lift foil out of baking pan for easy removal of brownies.
- Makes 16 brownies.
Love Brownies? Check out these fudge-like Peppermint Mocha Brownies!
For other fantastic bar recipes, you’ve gotta try out my Funfetti Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars
Or these classic Magic Cookie Bars