A thick, creamy, fruit-filled, protein-packed smoothie to kick-start your day the healthy way!
Blenders are one of the most amazing inventions, don’t you think?
It’s really a simple idea, a simple machine…but the results you get from this simple machine? Amazing.
I mean, you just throw a bunch of individual items into this tall container, and quick-turning blades transform all those individual items into one uniform, completely new and different thing! Something so much more flavorful than any of those individual items could ever be on their own! It can turn vegetables into a soup or a salsa; or turn a handful of nuts into a spread to slather on your sandwiches; it can turn fruit or yogurt into an incredible juice or smoothie; turn leaves and nuts into pesto; or it can turn old dry bread crusts into flavorful seasoned crumbs to coat your chicken…and oh my goodness, so many more things!! And in the matter of like, a minute, too! Pretty incredible, when you really think about it! I have no idea who invented the blender…but whoever it was, is a genius. A genius who has made our lives so much tastier!
Today, I thank that mystery genius for the blender extra-amounts, because he/she is making this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Smoothie possible!!
And I apologize in advance; it takes just about the same about of time to say Chocolate Covered Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie as it does to make the entire recipe! But holy cow, is it ever delicious! I’m obsessed with today’s smoothie…Strawberries and bananas all spun together into a giant, thick & creamy, chocolatey, dream-come-true!
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or snack…it’s totally appropriate to sip this healthy protein-packed smoothie really any time of day, any time you want! Enjoy, friends!
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- 1 cup Milk (any variety)
- ½ a Banana, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup Strawberries (about 4-5), frozen
- 1 scoop (serving) Chocolate or Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Xanthan Gum
- Stevia, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth. It may be necessary (even 2-3 times, depending on the type of blender you use) to stop the blender, scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula, add additional liquid or xanthan gum if needed, and then restart to complete blending.
- Makes 1 large serving
More delicious smoothie recipes: