Oreos and white chocolate chips are the irresistible stars of these chewy, soft-baked, super chocolatey cookies! Betcha can’t eat just one!
I’m so ready to kiss this past week goodbye and walk straight into the weekend! Same with you?
How about walking straight into the weekend with the most incredible cookie in hand?
Am I allowed to have a new favorite cookie every week?
I vote yes. YES, definitely!!
Because these, THESE are my favorite cookies.
Irresistibly soft, incredibly chocolatey, and stuffed full of oreos and white chocolate!!
Did I mention that they can be made totally gluten free for you gluten freebies out there, OR if you don’t have gluten issues, with all your traditional wheat-containing ingredients! The recipe will turn out the exact same whichever baking method you prefer.
2 things that will ensure that the gluten free cookies will taste/feel/look just like the traditional way are: 1.) Better Batter Gluten Free Flour (this brand has time after time produced results most similar to traditionally made baked goods, that I’ve ever used. Find it here on Amazon or Vitacost), and 2.) Good quality chocolate sandwich cookies. Some gluten free Oreo knock-offs taste like cardboard (seriously sad, but true), and some others taste just like the real thing! My two fave go-to’s are Trader Joes Gluten Free Joe-Joes and Kinnikinnick’s Chocolate Crème K-Too’s (Find here on Amazon or Vitacost).
If you don’t have allergies, go ahead and use your go-to all-purpose flour brand and Oreos in these!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I hope you get a chance to spend some time doing something fun and relaxing with those you love, even if it’s just for a few minutes! Enjoy!
- 1 cup Traditional All-Purpose Flour OR Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Milk (any variety works)
- 1 cup Chopped Oreos (or Gluten Free chocolate sandwich cookies)
- ⅓ cup White Chocolate Chips (more for topping, if desired)
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric handheld mixer, in a large bowl, cream together room temperature Butter, Dark Brown Sugar, and Granulated Sugar until very fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add Egg and Vanilla Extract and beat until creamy, about 1 more minute.
- Pour dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir by hand until just combined. Dough will be very thick. Stir in milk. Fold in chopped Oreos (or GF cookies) and White Chocolate Chips.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 2 large baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Working quickly, roll spoonfuls (about 2-ish tablespoons) of dough into balls (or use a cookie scoop), and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are set. Centers may look slightly underbaked, and this is what you want! Press more oreo pieces/ white chocolate chips into the tops of cookies, if desired. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to a week, or freeze in a ziplock freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- Makes about 20 cookies.
Once you try today’s recipe, you’ve gotta come back and try out these other delicious treats:
*This post contains affiliate links
*I link my posts to these Link Parties