Soft and chewy cashew butter blondies, made with coconut oil and packed with chocolate chips! Made all in one bowl—no dough chilling required!
Sometimes, when you need cookies, you’ve got the time (and the patience!) to plan ahead and give the cookie dough its sweet time to chillax in the fridge (and when you do, you’ve got these to turn to!). But sometimes life just doesn’t let you do that.
Sometimes, you’ve just gotta have cookies, and you’ve gotta have them now!
And you don’t want to spend all that time chilling or rolling the dough before it goes into the oven…I mean, ain’t nobody got time for that!!
That’s when you turn here.
These amazing bar cookies are serious life-savers when you just want to whip up the dough, stick it in the oven, and then do all the dishes + clean the kitchen…all before the timer rings, less than 30 minutes later. And let me tell you, this recipe makes that even easier…because you’ll only have one bowl to wash, so you’ll not only be able to clean the dishes and the kitchen, but also you’ll have time to take a shower, do your hair, and drink a cup of coffee by the time the cookies are done!! At least that what I did when I made these!
I was in a hurry.
Plus, on top of all that, they’re made with cashew butter!! Cashew butter to me, is what peanut butter is to most other people…that loving friend that I can never seem to get enough of! I just had to get it into a cookie (just cuz everything’s better in cookie form, right? 😉 )
You can make these with regular all-purpose flour, or for identical results in a gluten free version, use Better Batter Gluten Free Flour, as I always recommend for optimal results in my cookie recipes. (Vitacost or Amazon are awesome places to find this!) Plus, since they’re made with coconut oil instead of butter, they’re 100% dairy free (as long as you use dairy-free chocolate chips)!
And even though you’re hurrying, your cookies will taste like you’ve given them that sweet quality time…Golden tops, baked to perfection. So soft, so chewy, filled with that subtle cashew butter taste, and bursting at the seams with melty chocolate chips…
- ⅓ cup Melted Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Light Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Salted Cashew Butter
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour OR Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (dairy-free, if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan by lining with foil, leaving some overhang on the ends. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted Coconut Oil and Brown Sugar until moistened. Add Egg and Vanilla Extract, and continue to whisk until well combined. Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, add Cashew Butter, and mix well.
- Add Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt, and stir ingredients well until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in Chocolate Chips.
- Evenly spread dough into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 26-28 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Allow blondies to cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars.
- Makes 16 bar cookies.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer (using a ziplock freezer bag) for up to 3 months.
Cookie Bars are the best, right? Next, try:
*This post contains affiliate links
*I linked up at These Link Parties