Your favorite yummy carrot cake ingredients, all baked together in an easy-to-make, crunchy, healthy granola!
Are any of you feeling like this year is moving in fast forward??
Easter is this Sunday already, and I just can’t believe it! I wish the days would slow down just a little bit so I can catch up and catch my breath.
With things for our adoption definitely picking up the pace (Yay!!), every day is just a race against the clock, and there is never enough time to get it all done.
Something there’s still time for though? Breakfast.
It’s definitely the most important meal of the day! So crucial to make sure your body and brain has the fuel it needs to kick-start each busy day. And if you’re like me, trying to eat healthy and save money at the same time, homemade granola is an awesome option! (Ps-have you tried this other homemade version yet? So.Stinkin.Yummy!) Making granola in your own kitchen is so much cheaper than buying it at the store, and you know exactly what’s going into the homemade stuff, so it’s a lot better for you too! Plus it’s so easy to make!
Today’s recipes was one of those ideas that came to me in the middle of the night when I was trying to sleep, and wowsers-I’m so glad it did!! It’s got shredded carrots, pecans, raisins, and lots of tasty spices, just like your favorite carrot cake does (or like your favorite Carrot Cake COOKIES do!), but this is sweetened only with honey, and baked into a crispy granola clusters! The perfect crunchy topper for your fruit and yogurt parfait, mix-in for your cereal, or just to eat by the handful for a quick snack!
- 2-½ cup Old-Fashioned Oats (use certified GF oats, if needed)
- ¾ cup Shredded Carrots (about 1 large)
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 large baking sheets by lining with silicone baking mats (or use nonstick baking sheets). (Do not use parchment paper—it will get soggy)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir to combine Oats, Shredded Carrots, Pecans, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves and Salt.
- In a small bowl, combine Honey, melted Coconut Oil, and Vanilla, and stir until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Pour honey mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir well until all ingredients are coated with the honey mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the two prepared baking sheets, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until golden; stirring/flipping granola every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, DO NOT TOUCH the granola. Allow granola to cool and crisp up for about 20 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Add raisins and break granola apart into clusters.
- Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a month.
- Makes 4-5 cups.
Other delicious homemade granola recipes: