Oooey gooey, sweet and salty caramel crispy treats, filled with crunchy snickers bars!
And have I got one heck of a recipe for you today, as you stock up on all that candy this weekend!
As you know, M&M’s are my #1 favorite candy, but really, tied for that top spot, are Snickers bars! All that crunchy, gooey, sweet, salty goodness all wrapped underneath that chocolate coating is something I just can’t resist!
I made these indescribably gooey, Snickers-stuffed cookie bars a while back, and with Halloween on the mind, I knew I just had to create another sweet and salty Snickers-starring dessert to share with you!
I kicked up the gooey-ness by adding even more melted marshmallows than you’ll typically find in your traditional krispie treats, AND by stirring in sticky-sweet caramel sauce with a good sprinkle of sea salt for the ULTIMATE sticky, gooey, stretchy-soft melted marshmallow filling in these treats! Plus (!!!), to take these even more over the top, I chopped up a bunch of Snickers bars to add in for a sweet & salty, irresistible crunch in every bite!
And as always, make these gluten free simply by choosing a a gluten free variety of crispy rice cereal!
I’ve never experienced krispie treats like these before…and I may never make them any other way again….the addiction is real!
Have a happy and safe Halloween weekend! And then…dig thru that Halloween candy bag, pick out all the Snickers, and whip up these ULTIMATE Caramel Snickers Crispy Treats!
They’ll disappear faster than the shelves of Halloween clearance candy at Target on Sunday! 😉
- 4 Tablespoons Butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 (10-ounce) Bags Marshmallows
- ½ cup Caramel Sauce (either homemade or store-bought)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 8 cups Crispy Rice Cereal (such as Rice Krispies or a Gluten Free alternative)
- 1 ½ cup Snickers Bars, chopped into small pieces, divided use
- Chocolate Sprinkles, optional
- Prepare a 9x13-inch pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot on the stovetop, slowly melt together Butter and Marshmallows over LOW heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the marshmallows are almost completely melted, remove from heat. Stir in Caramel Sauce and Salt. Add Cereal, and gently stir in until everything is coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Carefully fold in half of the chopped Snickers Bars.
- Gently transfer the mixture into prepared pan, and carefully smooth into the corners. DO NOT press firmly or pack down.
- Top with remaining chopped Snickers pieces and Chocolate Sprinkles (if desired).
- Allow mixture to cool completely at room temperature (2-4 hours), before cutting into squares.
- Store treats in a tightly sealed container, at room temperature, up to 1 week.
- Makes 18-24 Crispy Treats.
Use your candy in these other delicious treats:
*This post contains affiliate links