Creamy avocado egg salad, popping with flavor from spices and orange essential oil! No mayo or creamy dressing—just delicious, good for you ingredients!
Yay! Happy Friday!!
I don’t know about you, but this week has flashed past at a lightning-speed pace; I feel like just yesterday was Friday, and here it is again! Not that I’m complaining—I’m all for every day being Friday!
Another thing that’s back again? Orange Essential Oil. And I’m most definitely not complaining about this either! I’m so in love with this oil, that I just had to come up with another yummy recipe infused with its delicious flavor! As you can see, Orange Essential Oil is extremely diverse! We made this heavenly Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Dip first, this refreshing Mango Orange Strawberry Smoothie next, and now this incredible Egg Salad!
I’ve never been a big fan of the taste of mayo, and when I found out a few years ago that you could make egg salad with mashed avocado instead of mayo, I was so pumped! It’s how I always make egg salad now—no turning back!
Then I tasted orange essential oil for the first time, and I immediately knew that avocado egg salad + orange essential oil would be a match made in heaven. The citrus-y flavor of orange meshes perfectly with the taste of avocado. I added in some extra spices and chopped onions and bell peppers into the salad with the other ingredients, and the result was nothing short of amazing! I’ll never make egg salad another way again! And once you taste it, I bet you won’t either! (Ps-if you don’t have orange essential oil, you may absolutely just squeeze 1 orange into the bowl of ingredients instead! Yum!)
It’s made up of all good-for-you ingredients, and it’s the perfect simple lunch or dinner option to whip up for the family when you’re short on time, and you don’t want to heat up the oven. I love it in a tortilla with sliced tomatoes and spinach for a delicious wrap, but it’s also amazing on some toasted bread or on top of a bowl of salad greens! It’s also great as a dip for crackers, or sometimes I’ll just grab a fork and eat the egg salad all on its own!
Enjoy, and have a fantastic weekend!
- 2 small ripe Avocadoes (or 1 large avocado)
- 4 Large Eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 3-4 drops Orange Essential Oil (or juice from 1 orange)
- ¼ cup finely chopped Red Onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped Bell Pepper (any color)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons chopped Fresh Cilantro (or 1 Tablespoon Dried Cilantro)
- In a large bowl, mash Avocado well. Finely chop/mash hard boiled Eggs, and add to the bowl. Add Orange Essential Oil (or juice from 1 orange), and mix well to combine.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Enjoy on sandwich bread, wrapped inside a tortilla, served over salad greens, on top of crackers, or straight from the bowl with a fork!
- Egg salad is best when eaten on the same day it is made.
Check out these other super-simple recipes: