Crunchy, gooey Rice Krispy Treats, with an irresistible minty chocolate twist! Only 4 ingredients needed!
Rice Krispy Treat recipe today!!
An Andes Mint Rice Krispy Treat recipe!
One bite of these crunchy gooey, minty treats, and you’ll never want another Krispy Treat recipe again! They’ve got all the goodness of a traditional treat: cereal, marshmallows, butter…but these babies also have Andes Baking Chips.
No more explanation is needed.
I have no idea why I haven’t posted more Krispy Treats recipes on Sunny Side Ups! Maybe it’s because this amazing Nutella Krispy Treats recipe is so tough to beat! Whatever the reason, I knew with St. Patty’s Day quickly approaching, I needed an extra fun & festive minty treat the whole family would love!
All you need for these yummy goodies, are 4 simple ingredients, and enough patience to let the marshmallows slowly melt on the stovetop. Does anyone else out there ever feel tempted to turn up the heat on the burner, because it seems to take marshmallows a lifetime and a half to melt?? I always have the urge to, but I know that if I do, my poor krispy treats will turn out as hard as rocks…so as tough as it is to let them take their sweet time, give being patient your best shot, and keep the burner on low heat. This will ensure the softest gooey-est results at the end!
Once the marshmallows are almost melted, you’ll stir in part of your Andes Baking chips, and let those chips melt down into the marshmallows, making the result a heavenly minty chocolate marshmallow goo that you’ll stir into your cereal (gluten free cereal, if needed). And for the most important part: once the goo has coated all the cereal in a separate bowl, you’ll let it just sit quietly to cool down a little bit, just for 2-3 minutes. Reason: once the cereal mixture goes into the pan, you’ll top it off with more Andes chips, and if the cereal is too warm, those topping chips will melt, which you don’t want! Let the mixture cool off a couple minutes more, and then spread it into the pan with a greased spatula, and then sprinkle and lightly press the Andes chips onto the top. And voila! The yummiest, most addicting rice krispy treats ever, that are just in time for St. Patty’s Day! (But let’s be honest—these are definitely going to be happening at my house all year round! )
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (or coconut oil)
- 16 ounces Marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups Andes Mint Baking Chips, divided use
- 8 cups Crispy Rice Cereal (use a Gluten Free variety, if needed)
- Prepare a 9x13-inch pan by lining with foil, leaving some overhang on the ends, and spraying generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot or deep skillet, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring occasionally. When marshmallows are almost melted, stir in 1 cup of the Andes Baking Chips, and allow the marshmallows and mint chips to completely melt together.
- Place the Crispy Rice Cereal into a very large bowl. Pour the melted minty marshmallows over the cereal, and gently stir until all cereal is evenly coated. Allow mixture to sit for 2-3 minutes to slightly cool.
- Lightly press mixture into prepared baking pan (using greased hands or a greased spatula). Top with remaining ½ cup Andes Baking Chips and lightly press them into the top of the treats.
- Allow to fully cool (about 1 hour) before cutting into squares.
- Store treats in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Makes 15-18 treats
Other yummy treats to love:
*This post contains affiliate links
*I linked up at These Link Parties