Soft, chewy, and chocolatey almond butter and honey blondies; no flour, no grains, no refined sugar—just delicious, wholesome ingredients, all in one simple recipe!
Woohoo!! Happy Friday!!
I hope you all had a great week! I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for the weekend!!
I also can’t wait to share this cookie bar recipe with you!
I’ve made flourless almond butter cookies before (which are amazing, by the way!!), but today, I’ve taken that recipe a step further and created a blondie recipe that contains no grains, no flour of any kind, and no granulated or brown sugar!
I know what you’re thinking: No flour? No sugar? MmmK—that’s really just code for: no flavor!!
But seriously, stay with me for a couple more minutes, ok? Almond Butter is so tasty and salty, and is an amazing substitution to use in baked goods when you just don’t feel like measuring out all that flour! Then, the almond butter is paired with honey for that perfect salty/sweet flavor combo! And on top of all that yummy goodness, I’ve thrown in chocolate! Imagine you decided to throw a handful of chocolate chips into the middle of a toasty warm almond butter and honey sandwich…that’s exactly what these cookie bars remind me of!
These are also made in just one bowl, you don’t need a mixer, and the prep time is really only about 5 minutes! It’s pretty cool. These are naturally gluten free and paleo, but as always, if you do have health concerns, double-check your ingredients to make sure the brands you choose are safe for you to consume.
And just to prepare you, these do have a slightly different texture than a flour-containing cookie, but that’s to be expected! There’s no flour in there! It is, however, a really yummy texture! Just like a banana and a mango each have their own unique texture, but are still both really amazing and delicious fruits; these blondies are also slightly different than a flour-based cookie bar in texture, but both types are 100% incredibly delicious!!
If you’ve always considered flour to be a mandatory thing in a cookie, one bite of these yummy almond butter and honey blondies just might start to change your mind….I hope you all enjoy these! Have a fantastic weekend!!
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 cup Salted Almond Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the Egg. Add in the Honey, and whisk well until combined.
- Add Almond Butter and Vanilla Extract, and whisk well. Finally, add in Baking Powder and Salt and whisk until uniform in texture.
- Using a large spoon, stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour dough into the prepared baking pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes until soft and golden on top. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out with a few moist crumbs when done. The bars may look slightly underbaked on top when done, and that is ok! Overbaking will cause the cookies to become hard once cooled.
- Allow the cookies to cool in the pan, on a wire rack at least one hour before cutting into bars.
- Store bars in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Makes 12-16 bar cookies
If you loved these, don’t miss out on these other yummy cookies:
*This post contains affiliate links
*I link my posts to these Link Parties